I am a mess. I have been covered with a rash and hives and I itch terribly. This is making me feel really awful. Finally I couldn’t take the discomfort anymore so I had to call my Doctor. He put me on some serious medicine to get rid of the itch once and for all. I then went online to find out how I could use some home-made remedies until the medication kicked in. This is what I discovered:
I am talking about Raw, Organic, Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar. Two Brands come to mind, Heinz and Bragg, although there are many I’m sure.
Here is what I learned:
- The yucky stuff floating around the bottom of the jar does not mean you have a spoiled bottle that needs to be thrown out. That spoiled -looking material is actually called “the mother” and it actually contains raw enzymes and good bacteria that help with digestion. 1 Tablespoon of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar for short) diluted in water or tea prior to eating can lower glucose levels, relieve gas and bloating , and relieve heartburn. For heartburn, take a dose as soon as you feel it coming on.
- According to the Gerson’s Theory, one of the primary ways to battle caner and other diseases is to bring the body to an alkaline state that creates an inhospitable environment for cancer.
- It makes a great non-toxic cleaning spray because it absorbs odors and has antibacterial properties. Put one part ACV and one part water in spray bottle, spray and wipe hard surfaces.
- It is great for dandruff and it makes hair smooth by balancing the PH in hair, and sealing the cuticle . Use 1-2 Tablespoons in a glass of water , rinse your hair with it, then rinse your hair to get it totally out. The smell? It is supposed to go away when you dry your hair! Promise you won’t smell like a salad!
- Use as a deodorant-rub some under your arms to absorb and minimize odors.
- It is considered a skincare astringent, soak a washcloth or cotton ball with diluted ACV and dab on pimples. It also is anti-aging, it tightens and plumps the skin and helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s great for sunburn relief-dab it on skin or put a capful in your bath!
For my itching hives and for rashes, ACV has antihistamine properties, so to relieve inflammation quickly pour two (2) cups of ACV in a bath of warm water and soak for 15 – 20 minutes once a day!!!
According to the research, ACV regulates the body’s immune system’s response, and ACV plays a key role in restoring the overall health of our skin.
What doesn’t ACV do? ( LOL)
ACV is usually harmless. Yet it is acidic and could irritate your skin if not diluted by water. Also, ACV can’t treat every rash. If your rash doesn’t go away or if it worsens-See a doctor Immediately!
It’s obvious to me ,,, I need to take a warm ACV bath ASAP!
Itchy Sookie and my sidekick Sylvie (who could also use a bath for her itches in ACV-and it’s supposed to get rid of fleas!) No Sylvie doesn’t have fleas!